Incorporated in 1998, the Partnership for Ontario County is an independent 501c3 located in Canandaigua, NY. Our Mission is to create, support and administer alliances to cultivate positive social change. Our programs and initiatives serve the people of Ontario County.
- The Child Advocacy Center of the Finger Lakes is a child-friendly location where allegations of physical or sexual abuse are responded to by a multidisciplinary team of professionals. From the time of report through the end of the case, the team will work together to conduct a thorough investigation and provide necessary support services to children and their non-offending caregivers.
- The Ontario County Youth Court is a volunteer alternative to traditional juvenile justice and an alternative to school violations that may result in suspension. Those who choose Youth Court appear before a court of their peers and have an opportunity to take responsibility for their actions.
- Family Support Centers provide prevention and intervention counseling to youth and families in participating Ontario County school districts at no cost. Using a positive outcome model known as Solution Focused Brief Therapy, the counseling sessions address risk factors related to academic performance, school attendance, family functioning, discipline problems and/ or health related concerns.
- Partnership for Success is a community coalition that meets regularly to implement strategies to reduce medication and heroin abuses. In addition, this coalition presents educational forums regarding the heroin epidemic and helps to organize community take-back days of unwanted medications. This coalition has installed two medication drop boxes in Canandaigua and Geneva.
- With Youth for Youth is an initiative of Ontario County communities working collaboratively with youth, for youth. Youth and adults work together to ensure youth participation in and development of community activities in which youth are involved.
- Youth Mental Health First Aid is a national project designed to help adults working with youth to understand the prevalence of various mental health issues and the need to reduce the stigma in communities.
- Youth Clubhouses – The Partnership is working with 10 agencies in Ontario County to open Youth clubhouses at three sites, including the YMCA in Canandaigua, Boy’s and Girl’s Club in Geneva and Never Alone in Bloomfield. Youth Clubhouses offer participants non-clinical services and the opportunity to achieve personal and common goals related to recovery from addiction. Support services are provided by partnering agencies including: Cornell Cooperative Extension, Ontario County , Council on Alcoholism and Addictions of the Finger Lakes, Finger Lakes Addictions Counseling and Referral Agency, Family Counseling Services of the Finger Lakes, Inc. – LGBTQ Center of the Finger Lakes, and Ontario County Youth Bureau in partnership with the Finger Lakes Works Workforce Development System.