The Youth Clubhouse Director (under the Partnership for Ontario County) is currently seeking a Youth & Family Enrichment Specialist.
The primary role of the Youth and Family Enrichment Specialist is to increase and maintain enrichment opportunities for youth clubhouse members and their families. The Youth and Family Enrichment Specialist will assist the Youth Clubhouse Director in identifying strategies and community opportunities for engaging youth and their families as an effective means of reducing risks associated with substance use as well as support for youth or family in recovery, improving family relationships and increasing positive choice in the areas of pro-social recreation, education, peer support, research based programming, skill building, wellness and other areas.
This position is grant funded and contingent on performance and available funding. The position of Youth Enrichment Specialist is 20-25 hours per week
- Ensures a positive relationship with and creates a cohesive and positive team among the Youth Leaders, Volunteers, families, youth members and community.
- Participates as a Partnership team member and has a cooperative and supportive relationship within the Partnership.
- Communicates effectively with all Youth Clubhouse staff, volunteers and community partners.
- Creates, plans and implements innovative age appropriate activities
- Works collaboratively with community resources to coordinate events and opportunities at Youth Clubhouse.
- Increases visibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule, announcement of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through mailings, fliers and media releases.
- Maintains accurate program documentation, such as incident/accident/behavior reports, attendance & sign-in / sign-out sheets, etc.
- Abides by grant requirements for program expectations.
- Attends all mandated trainings as requested by the Partnership, state and federal project staff.
- Assists with orientation, evaluation and in-service training of program staff (if requested) and volunteers as well as recruiting new volunteers for programs.
- Supervises and supports the youth leaders.
- Oversees outside service providers during clubhouse operating times.
- Ensures the health, safety and well-being of children in the program by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Associates Degree considered. A minimum of two years of experience working with youth and coordinating and implementing activities. Prior experience working with youth ages 12-17 preferred. Two years of experience in providing staff supervision.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and database experience to collate data and reports. Familiarity and comfort with reporting outcomes.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Must be highly team oriented with experience in supervising staff and programs.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
- Able to identify and has familiarity with community leaders and resources.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and program implementation abilities.
- The ability to travel among locations and attend meetings outside of regular operating hours. Due to the nature of this position, flexibility in hours is required
- Weekend work is required.
- Proven ability to work independently with excellent organizational skills.
- Ensures confidentiality and privacy is maintained with respect to all communication and records, unless exempted by law.
- Demonstrates the skills necessary for an appreciation of cultural and linguistic diversity.
The salary for this position is $18.50/hour.
Please click here to download an overview of the Youth Enrichment Specialist position. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume with subject line “Enrichment Specialist to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
The Partnership for Ontario County
ATTN: Kelli Gage, Youth Clubhouse Director
3592 Parkside Drive Suite 307
Canandaigua, NY 14424